Join Geiger’s Aston, PA team as a Senior Millwright! We are seeking an experienced individual who can evaluate and repair rotating equipment such as pumps, blowers, fans, and vacuum pumps. Your role will be crucial in delivering exceptional service to our valued customers.
- Disassemble equipment and determine root cause of failure,
- Document required repair parts, machining, and other activities to return equipment to peak performance,
- Reassemble and repair pumps and other rotating equipment using Company furnished tools,
- Machine rotating equipment components parts using lathes, mills, and balancer,
- Functionally test repaired rotating equipment to document post repair function and performance,
- Perform work in the field on occasion, at our Customers’ sights, including participating in customer required safety training/programs,
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace, work safely, and
- Mentor and advise less experienced technicians.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong mechanical skills and previous Millwright experience,
- Knowledge of repairing and troubleshooting rotating equipment, particularly pumps,
- Experience operating basic machining centers, laser alignment tools, etc.,
- Basic computer and organizational skills,
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines,
- Valid driver’s license and ability to lift up to 50 pounds,
- Team oriented, collaborative, and with a positive attitude,
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Millwright, in machine or engine repair.
Experience with vibration analysis and related diagnostic troubleshooting would be a significant plus, but is not absolutely required.
Benefits include signing and performance bonuses, 401K with company matching, profit sharing, health plan options for you and your family, student loan repayment, paid volunteer days, and more!
What you can expect from us:
Geiger is an equal opportunity employer. We are a progressive and diverse company that values new ideas, diverse experiences and backgrounds, hard work and team spirit. You can expect a great job with lots of opportunities for solid growth potential. Geiger is committed to helping our team achieve long-term financial security through competitive compensation. Besides base salary, you can expect generous benefits including:
- Signing and performance bonus opportunities
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Additional paid time off for Community Service/Volunteer Time
- Multiple health insurance plan options to choose from, all of which include prescription drug, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Health Savings Accounts with generous company contribution
- Flexible spending accounts
- Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD coverage
- 401k with generous company match
- Company profit sharing plan
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement including study materials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
We are a progressive company that values new ideas, diverse experiences and backgrounds, hard work and team spirit. You can expect a great job with lots of opportunities and solid growth potential. Geiger is committed to helping our team achieve long-term financial security through competitive compensation and benefits.
Grow with Geiger
Do you think you could grow with Geiger? Then, consider joining our team! Here’s just a few of the necessities we think our team members deserve simply because you are important. Your health and wellness – personal and financial – are critical to our success. At work and away from work, when you thrive, we win.
- Financial health for our team is good for us. You are our best investment! More than just 401k matching, we will continue to seek out new and inventive benefits and welcome new ideas.
- Wellness dollars to promote healthy habits are available to everyone. Whether it’s a gym membership, smoking cessation, or a new pair of running shoes – we encourage you to get after it!
- We care about our communities and are all-in on charitable giving: both in dollars and in time. The company offers 2X matching on qualified charitable donations as well as paid time off so you can volunteer for causes that matter to you.
- Improving you is always a great investment. We offer full tuition reimbursement when our folks go to school, and we can help with qualifying student debt from prior education. Always keep learning!
We are renowned for enjoying long term, professional relationships with our community, our great customers, and valued business partners. Why? We like to think it is because we focus on living out of core values every day as individuals and as a team.
- Trustworthy and Ethical Behavior First and Always
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Personal Accountability
- Interpersonal Skills
- Value Self Direction
- Diplomacy and Tact
- Flexibility and Agility – Adapt Fast
The Geiger Difference
“I’ve found through the years that the company truly cares about their employees. You are not just an employee to them; you become part of the Geiger family. It’s an atmosphere that has led quite a few people to stay with the company for a very long time, because we have a management team that really cares about employees and cultivates relationships with the top products in the industry. If you want to be in our industry there aren’t many companies that have better product lines to sell.”
– Carmen Rivello began his career at Geiger over 43 years ago as an Inside Sales
Representative, today he helps lead the Geiger Team as an Executive Vice President.